Really must get back into this! This was the first time of really trying to use the cloning tool in lightroom – as well as a bit of tweaking of colours and cropping.
I was trying to practice with my 70-300 again, this time at Farlington Marshes. It was pretty chilly, not very bright, and so the birds were both far away, and not standing out much; so I thought I’d have a go at something a bit nearer! Bit of cropping, and converting to monochrome.
Another one at Langstone Harbour, this time the tide was only just starting to fall – it was about 2 hours after high tide. I was experimenting with my 70-300mm lens; it’s not autofocus on this body (though it can be on the right body); I’m not finding focussing it particularly easy, however, I think […]
This wasn’t one of my “Photo a day” – but it was one that I took today and had a play with. After cropping, I experimented with exposure, shadows and contrast – before deciding to convert to black & white, and apply the LR’s preset “look 2”.
It wasn’t quite “evening”, but the sun was getting very low. Again, I was playing about a bit with LR, but the main adjustments I made were: Cropping Reducing exposure, increasing contrast & highlights. Most of the other adjustments didn’t make that much difference & were me seeing what I could do.
I have challenged Janine to an “edit a day” (rather than the photo a day). I’d originally set up this blog to try to let me practice my editing – as well as sharing photos, so think that I really ought to do it myself as well. Not that much editing – I straightened it, […]
Used the graduated filters to increase contrast in the sky, and then a second one to increase the saturation in the huts / foreground. Need to work out how the graduated filters work!
Have worked out how to do before/after examples. I changed this one by altering the brightness & contrast; trimming & then using a graduated filter to further increase the contrast on the sky.